This is a recipe for one of the most indulgent flavourful sauces going.
4 lobster heads, cooked
500 grams tomatoes, chopped 250 grams carrots, chopped 2 sprigs tarragon 600 grams heavy cream
1. Detach the head from your cooked lobster
2. Discard the outer shell and remove any unwanted organs and dead mans claws
3. Rinse the head, removing any blood or mess that might cloud the stock
4.Chop the heads into 1 inch pieces
5. Add the lobster heads to a hot pan coated with oil
6. Stir the pieces a few times to heat through
7. Add the tomatoes, carrots, and tarragon, and add enough water to cover the carcass pieces and vegetables.
8. Bring the water to a simmer. Reduce the heat and simmer the stock for 45 minutes, frequently skimming off any impurities that rise to the top with a ladle.
9. Strain the stock and solids through a large metal sieve, smashing the lobster bodies and vegetables with a wooden spoon to extract all the liquid then pour the strained stock through a fine sieve into another sauce pan.
10. Simmer and reduce the stock
11. Add the double cream and simmer, skimming occasionally, until the broth is reduced to desired consistency